This week at the Bouquet Bar we have an extra special selection of red flowers to support The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. For each bouquet (priced at £30.00) £2.50 will be donated to the Poppy Appeal. The wraps will be on sale at Pepperbox Interiors from Thursday 2 November. This new way of buying flowers enables you to arrange fabulous displays at home which you can create using step by step instructions. This week the interesting assortment of red flowers have been chosen with Remembrance in mind. Please read the hints and tips below to help you make the most of your flowers – the vase life for each stem will vary considerably!
This week we have the aptly named Freedom rose, Rosemary for Remembrance and more – here’s how to arrange them:
First pour in a small amount of water to the vase*and carefully add the flower food. (For a professional finish wipe any splashes on the inside of the glass before you add the flowers). Start with the flowers as in the photo (left to right):
Ammarylis Rapido, Antirrinhum, Red Naomi Rose and Gladioli Red Balance:
Place them in the vase evenly apart crossing their stems as you go:
Next, select the Cornus red, Lilium Foreigner, Hypericum Magical Triumph and Carnation:
Repeat the process of crossing the stems as you add them to the vase. Make sure all stems reach the water:
Finally add the Germini Suri, Celosia Red Century, Freedom Rose and Rosemary, ensuring all the stems are in the water:
Then make a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the finished arrangement:
* Glass vase £22.50 – available from Pepperbox or to order via Chez Fleur
Follow these simple steps to help your flowers last a week or more:
- re cut each stem at an angle before adding to the vase, add the heavier stems first
- the Amaryllis has a rubber band around the base of the stem to prevent it from splaying out, the flower will take around 5-7 days to fully come out and will last up to 10 days
- the lily and gladioli will also take a few days to come out – be patient!
- use the flower food provided
- change the water after 3-4 days
- remove faded flowers as required – some will last longer than others.
- add the raffia from the wrapping to the outside of the vase
- place the flowers away from heat source, bright sunshine and drafts
- flowers look their best when viewed from above so we recommend you don’t place the vase too high up
- remember to pop back next week to Pepperbox for the latest selection of Bouquet Bar flowers
- each week, take a look at the latest blog post for tips on arranging your new flowers!
- if you’d like to pre-order next week’s flowers please contact Belinda to order