This week at the Bouquet Bar we have a fab selection of purples and whites with a hint of pink for you to enjoy – on sale at Pepperbox Interiors from Thursday 20 October. This new way of buying flowers enables you to arrange fabulous displays at home which you can create using step by step instructions. Each week a different assortment of flowers priced at £27.50 will be selected – colourful or pastel, dramatic or romantic – they will always vary so check in each week to see the latest collection!
This week we have bright purple Liatris Spitaca, Centurion Lavender Delphinium with white lily and soft pink Sweet Avalanche rose – here’s how to arrange them:
First pour in a small amount of water to the vase*and carefully add the flower food. (For a professional finish wipe any splashes on the inside of the glass before you add the flowers). Start with the flowers as in the photo (left to right):
Centurion Lavender Delphinium, Eryngium blue dynamite, Lilium Monteneu and Liatris Spicata :
Place them in the vase evenly apart crossing their stems as you go:
Next, select the sweet avalanche rose, Astilbe Diamant, Clematis Amazing Rome and Bouvardia diamond white:
Repeat the process of crossing the stems as you add them to the vase. Make sure all stems reach the water:
Finally add the Treefern, Nerine (Jersey Lily), Veronica Caya and Ozothamus Sussex Grey (you will need secateurs to recut) ensuring all the stems are in the water:
Then make a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the finished arrangement:
* Glass vase £22.50 – available from Pepperbox or to order via Chez Fleur
Follow these simple steps to help your flowers last a week or more:
- re cut each stem at an angle before adding to the vase, add the heavier stems first
- use the flower food provided
- change the water after 3-4 days
- nerines take a few days to come out – but last well
- remove the lily pollens – this helps them to last longer and also lily pollen is poisonous to cats
- remove faded flowers as required – some will last longer than others.
- add the raffia from the wrapping to the outside of the vase
- place the flowers away from heat source, bright sunshine and drafts
- flowers look their best when viewed from above so we recommend you don’t place the vase too high up
- remember to pop back next week to Pepperbox for the latest selection of Bouquet Bar flowers
- each week, take a look at the latest blog post for tips on arranging your new flowers!
- if you’d like to pre-order next week’s flowers please contact Belinda to order