Chez Fleur are delighted that Pepperbox Interiors have invited us to launch ‘Bouquet Bar’ at their Cuckfield store throughout August! This new way of buying flowers enables you to arrange fabulous displays at home which you can create using step by step instructions. Each week a different assortment of flowers priced at £27.50 will be selected – colourful or pastel, dramatic or romantic – they will always vary so check in each week to see the latest collection!
This week we have a pretty pastel mix of Cala lily, Campanula, Alium, Avalanche Rose and many more – here’s how to arrange them:
First pour in a small amount of water to the vase*and carefully add the flower food. (For a professional finish wipe any splashes on the inside of the glass before you add the flowers). Start with the lighter weight flowers – from the photo (left to right) select these flowers:
Zantadeschia (Calla lily) Garnet Glow, Agastache, Campanula Lavender and Bouvardia sweet roza:
Place them in the vase evenly apart crossing their stems as you go:
Next, select the Agapanthus Polar Ice, Avalanche rose, Delphinium pink and Antirrhinum Lavender:
Repeat the process of crossing the stems as you add them to the vase. Make sure all stems reach the water.
Finally add the sturdier flowers – Allium Brensi, Papaver (poppy) seedhead, Lily Santander, Sedum and Eucalyptus Parvifolia:
Then make a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the finished arrangement:
* Glass vase £22.50 – available from Pepperbox or to order via Chez Fleur
Follow these simple steps to help your flowers last a week or more:
- re cut each stem at an angle before adding to the vase
- use the flower food provided
- change the water after 3-4 days
- remove faded flowers as required – some will last longer than others. The Campanula keeps for a good 10 days or more!
- when the lily opens pinch out the pollen stamens – this helps the flower to last longer and is also a good idea as the pollen is poisonous to cats
- add the raffia from the wrapping to the outside of the vase
- place the flowers away from heat source, bright sunshine and drafts
- flowers look their best when viewed from above so we recommend you don’t place the vase too high up
- remember to pop back next week to Pepperbox for the latest selection of Bouquet Bar flowers
- each week, take a look at the latest blog post for tips on arranging your new flowers!
- if you’d like to pre-order next week’s flowers please contact Belinda to order