Autumn has arrived at the Bouquet Bar this week and we have a glorious selection of fiery oranges, rich reds and fabulous textured grasses for you to enjoy – on sale at Pepperbox Interiors from Thursday 5 October. This new way of buying flowers enables you to arrange fabulous displays at home which you can create using step by step instructions. Each week a different assortment of flowers priced at £27.50 will be selected – colourful or pastel, dramatic or romantic – they will always vary so check in each week to see the latest collection!
This week we have a fabulous mix of Autumnal oranges and reds with contrasting yellows and rich greens – here’s how to arrange them:
First pour in a small amount of water to the vase*and carefully add the flower food. (For a professional finish wipe any splashes on the inside of the glass before you add the flowers). Start with the flowers as in the photo (left to right):
Helianthus Sunrich orange, Chrysanthemum Fuego, Lilium Tresor and Antirrinhum Orange:
Place them in the vase evenly apart crossing their stems as you go:
Next, select the Purple Majesty grass, Grand Prix rose, Papaver seedhead and Carthamus Zanzibar:
Repeat the process of crossing the stems as you add them to the vase. Make sure all stems reach the water:
Finally add the Panicum grass, Euphorbia Queen orange, Germini Crissing and Ruscus ensuring all the stems are in the water:
Then make a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the finished arrangement:
* Glass vase £22.50 – available from Pepperbox or to order via Chez Fleur
Follow these simple steps to help your flowers last a week or more:
- re cut each stem at an angle before adding to the vase, add the heavier stems first
- use the flower food provided
- change the water after 3-4 days
- remove faded flowers as required – some will last longer than others.
- add the raffia from the wrapping to the outside of the vase
- place the flowers away from heat source, bright sunshine and drafts
- flowers look their best when viewed from above so we recommend you don’t place the vase too high up
- remember to pop back next week to Pepperbox for the latest selection of Bouquet Bar flowers
- each week, take a look at the latest blog post for tips on arranging your new flowers!
- if you’d like to pre-order next week’s flowers please contact Belinda to order